Thursday, December 29, 2011

amay prosno kore (Bengali)

The bengali song whose tunes were used to compose  "Kaheen door jab din dhal jaaye" .<http://movieingback.blogspot.com/2011/12/kahin-door-jab.html>
<The translation is to the best of my understanding.Any modification/suggestion is invited>

Singer: Hemanta Mukherjee


Amay proshno kore neel dhrubo tara   
aar koto kaal ami robo dishahara , robo dishahara   
jobab kichu e tar dite pari nai   
shudhu poth khuje kete gelo e jibon shara - e jibon shara    
<
The blue polestar questions me
more how long will I remain directionless, remain directionless
answers none I am able to give
just in finding the path ,spent this entire life, this entire life
>

Kara jeno bhalobeshe aalo jelechilo   
shurjer aalo tae nive geachilo   
nijer chayar piche ghure ghure mori miche   
ekdin cheye dekhi ami tumi-hara - ami tumi-hara    
<
some,feeling affectionate, burnt the light
and hence sun's light got dimmed
behind my shadow,I wander , I wander fruitlessly
one day I see, I am without you ,I am without yo
>

Ami poth khuji na too   
poth more khoje  
mon ja bojhe na bojhe, na bojhe taa bojhe  
amar choturpashe shob kichu jae ashe   
ami shudhu tushare te gotiheen dhara - gotiheen dhara 
<
If I dont search the path,
the path looks for me
Heart,what it understands,it doesnt understand ;what it doesn't understand ,it understands
All around me,everything goes and comes
I am just like a snowy stagnant stream, a stagnant stream.
>

4 comments: