Sunday, August 12, 2012

ranjish hi sahi

beseeching...
Each couplet speaks of an earnest effort from a lover to his beloved to comeback for whatsoever reasons.Heartfelt request,captivatingly weaved into couplets.
The couplets have many renditions in voices of the likes of Mehdi Hassan, Runa Laila,etc.
<The english translation is an earnest effort from me ,so please do correct me,wherever required>


Lyricist: Ahmed Faraz

Listen Here

ranjish hii sahii dil hii dukhaane ke liye aa 
aa phir se mujhe chho.D ke jaane ke liye aa
(ranjish: enmity)
<<<<<<<<
Enmity be it, be it to hurt my heart,but come
come to leave me again,but come
>>>>>>>>

pahale se maraasim na sahii phir bhii kabhii to
rasm-o-rahe-e-duniyaa hii niibhaane ke liye aa
(maraasim-relationship,agreement ;  rasm-o-rahe-e-duniyaa - customs and traditions of the society)
<<<<<<<<
erst,if no relation existed,even then ,sometimes
for social custom's sake,but come
>>>>>>>>


kis kis ko bataaye.nge judaa_ii kaa sabab ham 
tuu mujh se Khafaa hai to zamaane ke liye aa
(Khafaa-angry)
<<<<<<<<
reasons for our separation,to how many do I tell
angry,if you are with me;for other's sake but come
>>>>>>>>

kuchh to mere pindaar-e-muhabbat ka bharam rakh
tuu bhii to kabhii mujh ko manaane ke liye aa
(pindaar-pride)
<<<<<<<<
for my false belief on my pride of our love, do care a little
sometimes ,you too,to wheedle me ,but come
>>>>>>>>

ek umr se huu.N lazzat-e-giriyaa se bhii maharuum 
ai raahat-e-jaa.N mujh ko rulaane ke liye aa 
(lazzat-e-giriyaa - taste of tears ; maharuum-devoid ; raahat-e-jaa.N - peace of life)
<<<<<<<<
its been ages,devoid I am of the taste of tears
Oh my peace of life, even to make me cry,but come
>>>>>>>>

ab tak dil-e-Khush_faham ko tujh se hai.n ummiide.n 
ye aaKhirii shamme.n bhii bujhaane ke liye aa 
(dil-e-Khush_faham - optimistic heart ; shamme.n- candle )
<<<<<<<<
even now,this optimistic heart,hopes from you
be it to put off this last candle (of hope),but come
>>>>>>>>

Lyricist: Talib Baghpati

maanaa ki muhabbat kaa chhipaanaa hai muhabbat 
chupke se kisii roz jataane ke liye aa 
<<<<<<<<
I agree,to conceal one's love is also love
surreptitiously,someday,to exhibit it,come
>>>>>>>>

jaise tujhe aate hai.n na aane ke bahaane 
aise hii kisii roz na jaane ke liye aa 
<<<<<<<<
like the reasons you have for not coming,
similarly,someday,for not going,come...
>>>>>>>>

No comments:

Post a Comment