Saturday, March 24, 2012

Ardh satya

Ardh Satya( Half Truth )
This is the theme poem of the movie Ardh Satya. The whole movie revolves around the poem with Om puri, a honest police cop, enters into the chakravyuh of crime,corruption,deceit and ultimately ends up in a position where he has to choose between being a puppet in the hands of the local goons,higher ranked officials and giving up his job ,regaining his manliness after being an "impotent" police officer trying to sustain his position,his job. A classic from content cinema with great actors, starring Om Puri as the honest cop and Smita Patil ,who even in this protagonist-centric drama exudes elegance as an ordinary teacher trying to decide on her association with the cop.

chakravyuh me ghusane se pahale
mai kaun thaa aur kaisaa thaa
ye mujhe yaad hi na rahegaa
chakravyuh me ghusane ke baad
mere aur chakravyuh ke bich
sirf ek jaan-levaa nikatataa thi
isakaa mujhe pataa hi na chalegaa

chakravyuh se baahar nikalane par
mai mukt ho jaa_un bhale hi
phir bhi
chakravyuh ki rachanaa me farq hi na padegaa

marun yaa maarun
maaraa jaa_un yaa jaan se maar dun
is kaa faisalaa kabhi na ho paayegaa

soyaa huaa aadami jab nid se uth kar
chalanaa shuru karataa hai
tab sapano kaa sasaar use dubaaraa
dikh hi na paayaegaa

us roshani me jo nirnay ki roshani hai
sab kuchh samaan hogaa kyaa?

ek palade me napusakataa
ek palade me paurushh
aur thik taraazu ke kaante par
ardh-satya

<English Translation>

Before entering the circle of deceit,
who I was, and what I was,
I would not remember.
After entering the circle of deceit,
(there was) between me and the circle,
only a deathly intimacy
that I never realised.

After leaving the circle of deceit,
even if I am set free,
the design of the circle of deceit,
will hardly be different.

Whether I kill, or die,
Am killed, or kill (the other)
these questions will never be decided.

When a sleeping man
awakes and steps forth,
then the world of dreams
may never be seen again (by him).

In that, the light of Decision,
will everything be level ?

On one tray (of a balance) is Impotence,
and on the other is Manhood,
and exactly at the needle point,
a half-truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment